As you go about fulfilling this mission, your work habits and work relationships should embody Eastern New Mexico Medical Center values. Our values ask for a deeper level of commitment, and what is asked of us we freely give because we believe in our mission.
- Diploma or Associate Degree in Nursing with license in good standing to practice as a Registered Nurse.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Desirable characteristics include at least one year of experience as an R.N., preferably in the area of application.
- Must be able to follow directions and perform work according to department standards when no directions are given.
- Must be emotionally mature and able to function effectively under stress.
- Must possess a current NM license as a Registered Nurse or a multi-state compact license that allows the nurse to work in NM.
- BLS & ACLS required (New Grads have 30 days from hire date to obtain ACLS).
- TNCC required. TNCC must be obtained within 60 days of hire (6 months for new grads).
- CPI Certification must be obtained during week of NEO.
- PALS preferred
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for maintaining care standards in the CCU department
- Able to assess patients quickly, prioritize, and assist in minor procedures
- Perform diagnostic tests
- Conduct follow up visits and patient treatment
- Communicate with doctors and patients to keep everyone updated on test results and treatment recommendations
- Monitoring patient recovery and care
- Assist in the care of traumas, cardiac arrests, strokes, and other triage situations.
- Demonstration of sound decision-making in emergency scenarios based on patient conditions such as vital signs, patient presentation, and assessments.
- Provide RN care for all patients, as well as handling of intubations, defibrillations, auto transfusions, Medlock insertions, splinting, and more.
- Other duties as assigned
Each employee is responsible for implementing ENMMC Service Standards into their daily work:
Safety, Courtesy, Effectiveness, and Stewardship
Come experience the Land of Enchantment rich with history, culture, tradition, and the GREAT outdoors.
Eastern New Mexico Medical Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.