RN - Ambulatory Care Unit - PRN
Provide advanced nursing care for patients with acute conditions such as heart attacks, respiratory distress syndrome, or shock. May care for pre- and post-operative patients or perform advanced, invasive diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
- As you go about fulfilling this mission, your work habits and work relationships should embody Eastern New Mexico Medical Center values. Our values ask for a deeper level of commitment, and what is asked of us we freely give because we believe in our mission.
Sign On Bonus - $7500 with 2 years commitments.
- Diploma or Associate Degree in Nursing with license in good standing to practice as a Registered Nurse.
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Desirable characteristics include at least one year of experience as an R.N., preferably in the area of application.
- Must be able to follow directions and perform work according to department standards when no directions are given.
- Must be emotionally mature and able to function effectively under stress.
- Must possess a current NM license as a Registered Nurse or a multi-state compact license that allows the nurse to work in NM.
- BLS, ACLS & PALS required (New Grads have 30 days from hire date to obtain ACLS).
- PALS must be obtained within 60 days of hire.
- CPI Certification must be obtained during week of NEO. TNCC is desirable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage patients’ pain relief and sedation by providing pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic interventions, monitoring patients’ responses, and changing care plans accordingly.
- Document data related to patients’ care, including assessment results, interventions, medications, patient responses, or treatment changes.
- Diagnose acute or chronic conditions that could result in rapid physiological deterioration or life-threatening instability.
- Administer blood and blood product transfusions or intravenous infusions, monitoring patients for adverse reactions.
- Assess urgent and emergent health conditions, using both physiologically and technologically derived data.
- Adjust settings on patients’ assistive devices, such as temporary pacemakers.
- Other duties as assigned
- Each employee is responsible for implementing ENMMC Service Standards into their daily work:
Safety, Courtesy, Effectiveness, and Stewardship
Come experience the Land of Enchantment rich with history, culture, tradition, and the GREAT outdoor! Roswell Offers life and work balance is WELL KNOWN throughout the UNIVERSE.
Eastern New Mexico Medical Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: fbb7d83a-491f-40b3-921f-731f29234fd9