The Admissions Representative is responsible for all registration functions related to patients presenting for admissions, emergency care, short stay and outpatient services. This includes obtaining/verifying patient demographics information and insurance; verifying insurance eligibility; obtaining required signatures as well as the collection of applicable co-pays, deductibles and deposits. They represent the hospital as the focal point for all initial communications.
- Must be high school graduate or equivalent.
- Previous experience in customer service or health care environment beneficial.
- Strong skills required in communication and computers. Must be able to prioritize and do several tasks at once, both timely, accurately, and often with interruptions.
- Must have good judgment, be flexible with work shift and have good telephone manners.
- Knowledge of medical terminology a benefit.
At Eastern New Mexico Medical Center (ENMMC), we focus on cultivating an environment that inspires growth, empowering leadership and encourages health and well-being, not just in the communities we serve but also in the careers of those who make an impact in the lives of many. We know that understanding and addressing the wants, needs and expectations of our patients is critical to our success. And we recognize that the compassion and collaboration of our staff, physicians and volunteers are key to our continued success and are the core of our mission. We strive to create an environment of teamwork and engagement, where employees work together on continuous quality improvement with a focus on patient safety. We are looking for individuals who share this commitment and understanding. As a future employee your personal growth and development is paramount at ENMMC. Come join us in making a difference!