Registered Nurse (RN) - L & D /FT Sign On Bonus up to $10K and relocation assistance up to $5K
- Diploma or Associate Degree in Nursing with license in good standing to practice as a Registered Nurse. Bachelors Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Desirable characteristics include at least one year of experience as an R.N., preferably in the area of application.
- Must be able to follow directions and perform work according to department standards when no directions are given.
- Must be emotionally mature and able to function effectively under stress.
- Must possess a current NM license as a Registered Nurse or a multi-state compact license that allows the nurse to work in NM.
- BLS & ACLS required (New Grads have 30 days from hire date to obtain ACLS).
- PALS & NRP must be obtained within 60 days of hire.
- CPI Certification must be obtained during week of NEO.
LABOR AND DELIVERY NURSE JOB DESCRIPTION
- Assess patients in triage for preterm labor, active labor, rupture of waters, pregnancy complications, or co-existing issues
- Assist in maintaining pregnancy in antepartum mothers
- Fetal assessment and monitoring
- Maternal physical assessment(s)
- Manage patients in labor, including induction assistance, epidural assistance, pain management, education, and delivery support
- Assist and circulate in operating room for cesarean sections, tubal, and emergency obstetric and gynecological procedures
- Medication administration and immunizations
- Patient education related to medications, labor, pushing, delivering, and postpartum care of mother and baby
- Newborn care and assessment for healthy infant
- Breastfeeding and postpartum support/management
- Charting via electronic medical records
- Assist with fetal demise
- Collaboration with care management team, including anesthesiologist, physician or midwife, lactation nurse, and charge nurse
- Each employee is responsible for implementing ENMMC Service Standards into their daily work:
Safety, Courtesy, Effectiveness, and Stewardship
Come experience the Land of Enchantment rich with history, culture, tradition, and the GREAT outdoor!
Eastern New Mexico Medical Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.