Registered Nurse (RN) Charge - Med-Surg
Nurses care for people who are sick, injured, convalescent or disabled. Under general supervision, they
deliver care to patients utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation, and
evaluation, in accordance with established philosophy. Nurses collaborate with other professional disciplines
to ensure effective patient care delivery and achievement of desired patient outcomes. Nurses effectively
interact with patient and significant others, while maintaining the standard of professional nursing. The nature
of the direction and supervision required for this position varies by State and job setting. Med-Surge Nurses
provide care for primarily adult patients before and after surgical procedures; they also attend to those who are
being treated with pharmaceuticals to manage illness. Due to the broad range of medical conditions
Med/Surge Nurses will encounter, they must be well-versed in a large variety of health conditions.
- As you go about fulfilling this mission, your work habits and work relationships should embody Eastern New Mexico Medical Center values. Our values ask for a deeper level of commitment, and what is asked of us we freely give because we believe in our mission.
Sign On Bonus - $7500 with 2 years commitments.
- Diploma or Associate Degree in Nursing with license in good standing to practice as a Registered Nurse
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing preferred
- Minimum 1 year of Med/Surg experience.
- Must possess a current NM license as a Registered Nurse or a multi-state compact license that allows the nurse to work in NM. CPI Certification must be obtained in NEO.
- Medical/Surgical BLS & ACLS Required
Duties and Responsibilities:
Med/Surge Nurses provide direct and individualized nursing care to patients based on the application of scientific nursing principles. In addition to general nursing care, responsibilities of Med/Surge Nurses include (but are not limited to):
- Provides individualized patient care and maintains clinical competency appropriate for the area of practice for both adults’ patients from neonate to end of life.
- Understands and follows policy and procedure in addition to meeting licensure requirement
- Responsive to current safety and quality initiatives and sustains improvement
- Builds productive interpersonal relationships in every encounter
- Demonstrates teamwork
- actively participates in the department
- Other duties as assigned
- Each employee is responsible for implementing ENMMC Service Standards into their daily work:
Safety, Courtesy, Effectiveness, and Stewardship
Come experience the Land of Enchantment rich with history, culture, tradition, and the GREAT outdoor! Roswell Offers life and work balance is WELL KNOWN throughout the UNIVERSE.
Eastern New Mexico Medical Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.