Registered Nurse (RN) CHARGE - ICU
The Charge Nurse is responsible for the smooth and efficient patient flow within the clinic. Delegates
assignments and provides supervision for the support staff in accordance with their level of training and
the patient’s acuity. Works, in cooperation with medical providers to insure the quality of patient care.
- As you go about fulfilling this mission, your work habits and work relationships should embody Eastern New Mexico Medical Center values. Our values ask for a deeper level of commitment, and what is asked of us we freely give because we believe in our mission.
Sign On Bonus - $7500 with 2 years commitments.
- Current licensure by the State Board of Nursing of New Mexico or compact (multi-state) license
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- Must meet the requirements for obtaining and maintaining life support certifications as outlined in the Life Support Certification policy
- Minimum 2 years experience in ICU unit
- Requires an associate's degree and is certified as a registered nurse
- Prefer Bachelor’s degree in Nursing. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining care standards in the ICU department
- Able to assess patients quickly, prioritize, and assist in minor procedures
- Perform diagnostic tests
- Conduct follow up visits and patient treatment
- Communicate with doctors and patients to keep everyone updated on test results and treatment recommendations
- Monitoring patient recovery and care
- Assist in the care of traumas, cardiac arrests, strokes, and other triage situations.
- Demonstration of sound decision-making in emergency scenarios based on patient conditions such as vital signs, patient presentation, and assessments.
- Provide RN care for all patients, as well as handling of intubations, defibrillations, auto transfusions, Medlock insertions, splinting, and more.
- Other duties as assigned
- Each employee is responsible for implementing ENMMC Service Standards into their daily work:
Safety, Courtesy, Effectiveness, and Stewardship
Come experience the Land of Enchantment rich with history, culture, tradition, and the GREAT outdoor!
Eastern New Mexico Medical Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 79796ab7-a94a-4698-97bc-adeadadf9e2c