Registered Nurse (RN) - Cath Lab -
As you go about fulfilling this mission, your work habits and work relationships should embody Eastern New Mexico Medical Center values. Our values ask for a deeper level of commitment, and what is asked of us we freely give because we believe in our mission.
Sign On Bonus - $10000 with 2 years commitments.
- Diploma or Associate Degree in Nursing with license in good standing to practice as a Registered Nurse.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Desirable characteristics include at least one year of experience as an R.N., preferably in the area of application.
- Must be able to follow directions and perform work according to department standards when no directions are given.
- Must be emotionally mature and able to function effectively under stress.
- Must possess a current NM license as a Registered Nurse or a multi-state compact license that allows the nurse to work in NM.
- BLS & ACLS required (New Grads have 30 days from hire date to obtain ACLS).
- TNCC required. TNCC must be obtained within 60 days of hire (6 months for new grads).
- PALS preferred
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for maintaining care standards in the Cath Lab department
- Administer patient medications
- Update patient charting and document on the procedure
- Assist in interventional procedures
- Monitor for signs and symptoms of infections or side effects of the procedure
- Monitor and document patient vital signs
- Monitor patient sedation levels during and after the procedure
- Be prepared for emergency situations
- Examination of the patient pre and post-catheterization
- Circulate and scrub during cardiac catheterization and electrophysiology procedures
- Assist in diagnostic procedures
- Ensure consent paperwork is accurately completed
- Discharge teaching with patients and families including procedural, medications, activities, and dietary
- Prepare patients for procedures
Each employee is responsible for implementing ENMMC Service Standards into their daily work:
Safety, Courtesy, Effectiveness, and Stewardship
Come experience the Land of Enchantment rich with history, culture, tradition, and the GREAT outdoors.
Eastern New Mexico Medical Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: ee602a52-16f6-4e18-9dcf-707fee28e72d