Registered Nurse (RN) - Behavioral Health
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Desirable characteristics include at least one year of experience as an R.N., preferably in the area of application.
- Must be able to follow directions and perform work according to department standards when no directions are given.
- Must be emotionally mature and able to function effectively under stress.
- Must possess a current NM license as a Registered Nurse or a multi-state compact license that allows the nurse to work in NM.
- BLS & ACLS required (New Grads have 30 days from hire date to obtain ACLS).
- CPI Certification must be obtained during week of NEO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct care to patients, which includes facilitating social and emotional needs, supervising medication schedules and evaluating patient progress.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe environment
- Provide social support for patients by creating and encouraging patients to take advantage of opportunities such as support groups, social activities and other therapeutic measures.
- Conducts intake assessments through interviews with patients and relatives to gather case history.
- Plans and provides nursing care for patients.
- Makes nursing diagnosis of the medical and emotional status of patients and recommends treatment options.
- Administers and notes reactions to psychotropic drugs and other medications.
- Arranges further medical attention when necessary.
- Assists the client in understanding the nature of emotional disturbances and accepting the need for treatment.
- Keep accurate written charts and records of patient activities and progress. Comply with laws, rules, regulations, protocols, and procedures.
- Use professional judgment to ascertain and to apply appropriate intervention techniques with patients in crisis
- Assists in maintaining a safe and secure environment for staff and patients.
- Test for vital signs of pain and ensures treatments of pain.
- Documents all patient information on medical charts and follows physician’s written orders.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Maintains accurate records and documentation of patient treatments, immunizations and laboratory results according to standard medical record keeping.
- Performs administrative assignments such as filing, answering phones, typing, and completing progress notes in the computer system.
Each employee is responsible for implementing ENMMC Service Standards into their daily work:
- Safety, Courtesy, Effectiveness, and Stewardship
- Come experience the Land of Enchantment rich with history, culture, tradition, and the GREAT outdoors.
- Eastern New Mexico Medical Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 67ec1d8b-6b85-4ed4-a56e-2a2f27fa5321