Radiology Tech - PRN
Under the direction of a Radiologist, performs radiographic procedures at appropriate technical level. Performs a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgment, with ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for radiologic diagnosis. Assumes responsibility for designated areas or procedures as required, including specialized areas such as Mammography, CT, MRI, O.R., Cath Lab, Interventional Radiology, and Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound. Other duties as required. Recognizes the purpose of employment is to prioritize the patient as number one, and to put forth the utmost quality as a Technologist.
- Posses a diploma from an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology or Nuclear Medicine Technology.
- Desirable characteristics include at least two years of experience in a hospital or medical related environment.
- Must be able to follow directions and to perform work according to department standards.
- Technologist is expected to show initiative, exhibit critical thinking and be able to work independently.
- Must be emotionally mature and able to function under stress.
- ARRT Registry in Radiologic Technology,
- Nuclear Medicine or NMTCB, current State Licensure.
- BLS required.
- ACLS and PALS preferred.