Quality Coordinator (RN) - FT
The Quality Management Coordinator is responsible for assisting the overall coordination of the medical staff/hospital-wide performance improvement activities.
They maintain records and performance improvement documentation to support the credentialing process prepare and maintain physician reappointment quality profiles as well as other assigned physician related performance improvement project (OPPE and FPPE) reviews. They assist with the coordination of house-wide Performance Improvement Teams and complete evaluations of patient’s care using approved indicators and established parameters. This individual documents reviews and findings per each hospital department’s standards and, working with the Chief Quality Officer, develops organization wide action plans for specific reporting parameters that are based on the organization standards for patient assessment. This position is responsible for the analysis of data in regard to trends and/or areas of concern while maintaining mechanisms to follow up on same. This information is communicated by the incumbent to medical staff and department chairs regarding findings. The incumbent leads the activities of the Peer Review committee and works with its chariot present information to the Peer Review committee, as well as presentation of data to various committees throughout the year. This individual assists the Chief Quality Officer in facilitating safe implementation of evidenced based medicine in concurrent practice; and assists the Core Measures abstractor in educating medical and hospital staff about core measures/safety procedures/care processes.
- Recent clinical experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Desirable characteristics include a minimum of three years experience in an acute care, facility and demonstrates a clear working knowledge of general hospital operations.
- Proficiency in written and verbal communications, possess ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with the public; and must demonstrate knowledge of Quality Management processes.
- Must be able to follow directions and to perform work according to department standards when no directions are given.
- Must be able to function effectively under stress.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8197485e-e194-423b-8241-bb19c850116b