Psych/Video Monitor Tech - FT
Psychiatric Technician: Assists with direct patient care, including vital signs, personal hygiene, dietary needs and ambulation as needed. The Psychiatric Tech establishes a therapeutic relationship with assigned patients and facilitates the maintenance of the therapeutic milieu on the unit. Will be required to provide relief for Video Monitor Techs.
Video Monitor Tech: Works in conjunction with Behavioral Health Unit staff in limiting and controlling access to the unit. The Video Monitor Tech reports directly to the Charge Nurse related to ongoing issues related to events taking place as a result of video viewing and immediate notification of any crisis situations observed.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent. Certified Nurses’ Aide Certification preferred.
- One year experience in an inpatient psychiatric setting preferred.
- Must be able to follow directions and to perform work according to department standards when no directions are given.
- Must be emotionally mature and able to function effectively under stress.
- BLS required.
- CPI Certification must be obtained during week of NEO.