Psych Tech - Behavioral Health Dept/PRN
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent. Certified Nurses’ Aide Certification preferred.
- Prior experience in a healthcare setting highly preferred.
- Must be able to follow directions and to perform work according to department standards when no directions are given.
- Must be emotionally mature and able to function effectively under stress.
- Must obtain BLS certification (American Heart Association) prior to hire.
- CPI Certification must be obtained during week of NEO.
Psychiatric Technician: Assists with direct patient care, including vital signs, personal hygiene, dietary needs and ambulation as needed. The Psychiatric Tech establishes a therapeutic relationship with assigned patients and facilitates the maintenance of the therapeutic milieu on the unit. Will be required to provide relief for Video Monitor Techs.
Video Monitor Tech: Works in conjunction with Behavioral Health Unit staff in limiting and controlling access to the unit. The Video Monitor Tech reports directly to the Charge Nurse related to ongoing issues related to events taking place as a result of video viewing and immediate notification of any crisis situations observed.
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: bcd020cc-9247-462b-90de-f2b19b498303