Maintenance Engineer III
Performs varied tasks involving repairs on all power plant equipment and auxiliary equipment such as boilers, chillers, pump motors, and compressors. Repairs and maintains assigned machinery using various hand and power tools. Performs shut-downs, lubricates and properly prepares equipment for periods of operation during off-season. Also prepares equipment for start-up when required. Responsible Maintenance and repair of Laundry. Performs skilled maintenance and repair of mechanical, electrical, HVAC and other physical structures. May drywall and plaster, lay bricks or repair plumbing fixtures. Advanced knowledge of mechanical and facilities repair and maintenance.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED, or equivalent work experience can be substituted for Education requirement with some classes in trade school regarding electrical, carpentry, and mechanical maintenance.
- Requires experience commensurate to 8 to 10 years, a proficiency in written and verbal communications, possess ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public.
- Must be able to follow directions and to perform work according to department standards when no directions are given.
- Must be emotionally mature and able to function effectively under stress.
- Med/Gas Certification and/or Pipefitters Certification preferred.
- Must maintain a valid NM drivers license and be insurable under the company’s insurance policy in order to operate company vehicles.