Lead Social Services Worker- Behavioral Health Dept/FT
Responsible for coordinating and supervising other department social workers. Manages schedules and assigns tasks to coordinate assessment and treatment of patients. Maintains a clinical caseload and assists with annual review of other social work staff. Functions (with Department Director) as Patient Advocate and completes other leadership tasks as assigned by Department Director.
- New Mexico Licensed Social Worker certification preferred and a Masters degree in Social Work.
- Desirable characteristics include a proficiency in written and verbal communication; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships; an understanding of JCAHO and CMS requirements and a minimum of two years experience in a health care institution.
- Must be able to follow directions and perform work according to department standards when no directions are given.
- Must be emotionally mature and able to function effectively under stress.
- BLS required.
- CPI Certification must be obtained during week of NEO.