Director of Case Management
The Director of Case Management, under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), serves as an Inter-disciplinary team member to coordinate the delivery of health care services leading to quality outcomes for the Hospital population and their families within the limits of the financial and social resources available. A registered nurse who manages the medical center’s Case Management services. Customarily and regularly directs the work of two or more other employees. Has authority to hire or fire other employees (or to make recommendations as to hiring, firing, promotion or other change of status of other employees that are given a particular weight).
- Diploma or Associate Degree in Nursing with license in good standing to practice as a Registered Nurse
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required
- Master’s preferred
- Minimum 5 years of acute clinical experience and a minimum of 3 years Clinical Case Management/Utilization Review experience (preferred).
- Ability to interact with a wide variety of individuals and handle several complex situations simultaneously.
- Maintains adequate physical and mental health to meet job performance standards.
- Theoretical knowledge of the nursing process, case management and continuity of care.
- Advances assessment and teaching skills.
- Motivation for self-direction, integrity and initiative.
- Attention to detail and follow-up. Speaks and reads English fluently.
- Ability to exercise supervisory skills and demonstrate leadership, creativity.
- Must possess a current NM license as a Registered Nurse or a multi-state compact license that allows the nurse to work in NM.
- CPI Certification must be obtained in NEO.
- Managed Care Certification or Certified Case Manager preferred.
- BLS required.
- ACLS and PALS preferred.