Coder Biller Specialist/Analyst - PRN
The position is responsible for auditing patient clinic medical records for accurate assignment of ICD-9-CM, CPT-4, and HCPC codes, Athena hold buckets, physician documentation education, charge entry, training, charge lag and other related financial reports.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent. Courses in Medical Terminology, Human Anatomy and Physiology preferred
- Two years experience as a coder. A CCS, AAPC and/or RHIT preferred.
- Must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints.
- Written and oral communication skills are necessary.
- Knowledge of ethics and compliance are necessary.
- Computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Excel are needed.