As Certified Nursing Assistant shall be responsible for assisting in the care of patients under the direction of an RN. As Monitor Tech shall be responsible for monitoring of cardiac rhythms of critical care and telemetry patients under the direction of an RN. Must possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent and exhibit proficiency in nursing assistant care and oral communication skills.
- Exhibit proficiency in basic heart rhythm physiology along with written and oral communication.
- ENMU-R EKG Rhythm class preferred.
- Desirable characteristics include at least one year of experience as a Nursing Assistant, preferably in the area of application. Must be able to follow directions and perform work according to department standards under the supervision of an RN. Must be emotionally mature and able to function effectively under stress.
- New Mexico Certificate as a Certified Nursing Assistant required.
- Must complete required departmental competencies and maintain through annual review.
- BLS Required.
- ACLS and PALS preferred.
- CPI Certification must be obtained during week of NEO.