Cath Lab Tech
The radiologic technologist specializes in assisting with invasive cardiac procedures and other procedures performed in the Cardiac Cath Lab. Performs a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgment, with ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation for radiologic diagnosis. Assumes responsibility for designated areas or procedures as required, including specialized areas such Cath and Interventional Radiology. The radiologic technologist is a professional care giver who assumes responsibility and accountability for patients, under the direction of registered nurse, for a designated time frame and provides care to these patients via the nursing process, environment/instrumentation and other health care team members.
- Posses a diploma from an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology.
- Previous experience in cardiac catheterization/electrophysiology/special procedures preferred but not required.
- Must be able to follow directions and to perform work according to department standards when no directions are given. Must be emotionally mature and able to function under stress.
- ARRT or X-ray technologist license in the State of New Mexico.
- Current BLS and ACLS required.