Physician Referral Coordinator
Coordinate the scheduling, referral management, registration, prior authorization, and insurance verification processes for patients. Identify and handle customer needs, providing exceptional customer service in a timely and efficient manner while working in a team environment. Screen and update established patient information for accuracy and schedule procedures according to the procedure description. Work closely with clinical department staff to schedule procedures in an efficient manner based on departmental and consultant scheduling protocols.
1. Associate Degree in Medical Assisting; preferred
2. Certificate in Medical Assisting with current certification or
3. High School Diploma (GED) with 2 years related experience
1. 2 years previous experience in similar position, knowledge of medical terminology and office procedures, medication/pharmacology, insurance and prior authorization processes.
2. Bilingual English/Spanish, both speaking/writing, Medical Preferred.
Certified Medical Assistant preferred.