Provide nutrition screening, assessment and follow-up care for all inpatients
Provide patient and family education for specific modified diets.
Coordinate with the diet clerks to achieve maximum coverage of patients’ nutritional needs.
Resolves staff and patient food concerns and acts as an interdepartmental liaison.
Participate in QAPI activities according to department plan.
Participates on Pharmacy and Therapeutics committee as a department representative.
Consults with physician and other healthcare professionals to determine nutritional needs.Oversee therapeutic menu preparation and ensure conformity to nutritional guidelines
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited school with a major in nutrition required.
- Completion of an AND (Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics) approved Dietetic Internship.
- A healthcare professional who is also a certified diabetes educator, or who is eligible to become a certified diabetes educator.
- Minimum of 6 months experience (preferably more) working as a clinical dietitian in an acute care setting.
- Advanced degrees and bilingual in Spanish are preferred.
- Proficient in written and verbal communications, possess ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other professionals.
- In-depth knowledge about current nutrition-related disease management.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team member.